Friday, 13 June 2008

Apirana Taylor


Apirana Taylor

Apirana Taylor will perform to the seniors of our school on Tuesday 17 June during period 5. The cost is a measly gold coin. This will be followed by a writing workshop for a select number of students (so please let me know soon if you are interested).

I attend poetry readings regularly and I'm also interested in astronomy. I heard Apirana perform at a Matariki celebration at the Carter Observatory a few years ago and he blew me and my sons away. He uses his voice as an instrument and once you've heard him then his voice stays within you forever. He has a very direct, no nonsense style and is a distinct, unique poet. He is not to be missed!

You can find out more about him at his website and read his poem Hinemoana's daughter at the NZ Electronic Poetry Centre.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home